LIVE NOW: Option to update your annual subscription invoice address via our NEW self-service functionality
Dear epi members,
As we are approaching the end of the year, we are starting to prepare for annual subscription invoices for 2023. You certainly have an interest that your epi annual subscription invoice will show the correct address and is sent to the proper e-mail address.
No action is required from your side at the moment if the address foreseen for your annual subscription invoice and your e-mail for the invoice to be sent to is correct. You may check your data in our new self-service area on the epi website in the member-restricted area “My Account”.
In case you have provided us in the past with an invoicing address or specific e-mail address that differs from the data mentioned in the List of Professional Representatives pursuant to Art. 134 EPC, this provided address will be reflected in the self-service area and we will continue to use this address for invoicing. We nevertheless encourage you to double check your data in our new self-service area on the epi website in the member-restricted area “My Account”.
With this introduced self-service area, there is now also a new possibility to update by yourself the address to be shown on your annual subscription invoice for 2023 and beyond as well as the specific email-address to which we will send your invoice in early January.
Therefore, you should act NOW, but latest until end of 2022, in particular:
- If you wish that your annual subscription invoice reflects a different address from the address mentioned in the List of Professional Representatives pursuant to Art. 134 EPC
- If you wish to have your annual subscription invoice sent to an e-mail address other than your e-mail lodged with the EPO for the List of Professional Representatives.
Please note that any final reminder for your annual epi subscription, if necessary, will still be sent to the postal address that you have provided to the EPO for the List of Professional Representatives.
You may also use this function if you would like, after having received an annual subscription invoice, e.g. in February, to have issued a corrected invoice with other address details. Please be advised however, that you need then to send an additional request for a corrected invoice per email to email@example.com after having updated your contact details in the self-service area of the website.
Further down, you will find a more detailed description, how you may check and amend your invoice address and/or email address to receive the invoice in the new self-service area.
We are continuously trying to improve and optimize the annual subscription process and hope that you find this new feature useful.
Please contact the epi Secretariat under firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and myself under email@example.com with any suggestion or concern about the annual subscription process.
Peter R. Thomsen
Detailed step-by-step description how to update the address of your epi annual subscription invoice and/or the
email-address for receiving the invoice
- Logon to the epi website https://patentepi.org/en/login/ and you will be taken into the section “My Account”.
- On the menu on the left-hand side, please choose “My Personal Data” and you will be taken to “My data overview”.
- In this section, you can find your data as on the List of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office. This data can only be updated by contacting the Legal and Unitary Patent Division of the EPO, e.g. by using EPO Form 52301/52301a
- Further down on the page, you will see the headline “Different invoice address for epi annual subscription”.
Click the tick box next to “If you wish to have the invoice issued to a different address, please tick the following box, and provide the necessary data below” and an additional section will open.
The site will expand, and you will be given the opportunity to enter your data and press submit at the bottom.